Water Damage Restoration
Water travels to the least resistant spot in your home, sometimes making it difficult to detect water damage. First Response Services is your local family owned water damage removal and restoration services company. Performing water removal, drying, and restoration services for your home or business. No job is too small or big for us. We have certified water damage restoration services technicians on staff and a live operator taking your emergency calls 24/7. If you don’t respond quickly when discovering water damage you can actually cause extensive secondary damage to your home. We respond to water damage emergencies in Warner Robins, Macon GA and surround areas.
24/7 Emergency Response
IICRC Certified Firm
The ANSI/IICRC S500-2015 Standard for Professional Water Damage Restoration is a procedural standard. It is based on reliable restoration principles, research and practical experience. In addition, there has been extensive consultation and information obtained from numerous sources. Learn more here.
First Response Services performs emergency restoration services for all of the middle Georgia. We are also licensed, general contractors able to complete your restoration project from start to finish all under one roof and one contact.
If you don’t respond to water damage immediately and start water removal on any standing water, saturated carpet or remove wet drywall you can have mold growth within 48 hours.
Hardwood Floor Drying
If your hardwood floors hadn’t started to cup yet, it is very possible First Response Services can save your hardwood floors. We have specialized equipment that allows us to draw the moisture from underneath the floorboards and dry your hardwood floor in place.
First Response Services uses a thermal camera to help detect water damaged areas in your home. The thermal camera measures temperature in the building materials of your home detecting which is colder than others. If your ceiling is much colder in a specific area, for example, there is a good chance you may have water damage.
Proper documentation is important when dealing with insurance. This is why First Response Services take proper measurements, drying logs, pictures and much more on every single job.
In order to dry your home correctly, you need the right equipment and expertise. At First Response Services we have specialized equipment that allows us to dry behind walls, underneath floorboards, large-scale drying and other specialties.
After a water damage restoration project there are many times First Response Services is able to save your carpet. However, your carpet typically needs to be cleaned afterward. We have the capability to dry your home and then clean your carpets.
Book and Document Drying
Your home has many important books and documents you don’t want to be ruined. If these documents do get damaged in a water damage loss you can count on First Response Services to properly dry and restore (if salvageable) the documents and return them to you.
Containment Set Up
When your home or business has water damage you want to protect it from the rest of the structure so you don’t cross-contaminate other space in your home. First Response Services will professionally put up containment barriers between the affected areas in your home and non-affected.
Your home is full of very valuable items. This is why we train our certified technicians on how to handle your prized possessions. If any of your contents are damaged due to water damage, First Response Services can restore them at our cleaning facility.
Water Damage Restoration Process
Knowing and the understanding the restoration process is not familiar for many homeowners. Many homeowners simply haven’t had to file an insurance claim before and don’t know what the process is like. That is why when First Response Services arrives on site we do our best to educate you on what to expect from us and your insurance during the water damage process.
Not every water damage project is the same, but here is a general guideline on what to expect if you have water damage in your home or business.
- Water Damage Found – you find water damage in your home and need help. Call a professional restoration company to respond immediately so they can begin mitigation process. Call your insurance company afterward to file a claim and let them know you are being proactive and have a restoration company on the way.
- Restoration company arrives and begins water removal, extraction, and removing wet building materials.
- Insurance adjuster arrives on site and meets with the restoration contractor to review the scope of work.
- Restoration contractor continues to track drying progress until all wet areas are back to the normal dry standard.
- After the area is dry, restoration contractor provides an invoice for emergency work. If the restoration contractor is full service, like First Response Services, the restoration company will then write an estimate for water damage repairs.
- The insurance adjuster will review the repairs scope of work and pricing and come to an agreement with the restoration contractor. Once agreed upon the homeowner can move forward with repairs and signing a repair contract.