Water Damage Restoration
Water Restoration Process
Knowing and understanding the water restoration process is not familiar for many homeowners. Many homeowners simply haven’t had to file an insurance claim before and don’t know what the process is. That is why when First Response Services arrives on site we do our best to educate you on what to expect from us and your insurance during the water damage process.
Not every water damage project is the same, but here is a general guideline on what to expect if you have water damage in your home or business.
- Water Damage Found – you find water damage in your home and need help. Call a professional restoration company to respond immediately so they can begin the water mitigation process.
- Call Your Insurance – file a claim and let them know you are being proactive and have a restoration company on the way.
- Restoration Company Arrives – we begin water removal, extraction, and removing wet building materials.
- Insurance Adjuster – arrives on site and meets with the restoration contractor to review the scope of work.
- Drying – restoration contractor continues to track drying progress until all wet affected areas are back to the normal dry standard.
- Area Is Dry – restoration contractor provides an invoice for emergency work. If the restoration contractor is full service, like First Response Services, the restoration company will then write an estimate for water damage repairs.
- Repairs – the insurance adjuster will review the repairs scope of work and pricing and come to an agreement with the restoration contractor. Once agreed upon the homeowner can move forward with repairs and signing a repair contract.
IICRC Certified Firm
The ANSI/IICRC S500-2015 Standard for Professional Water Damage Restoration is a procedural standard. It is based on reliable restoration principles, research and practical experience. In addition, there has been extensive consultation and information obtained from numerous sources.
Water Damage Company
Water travels to the least resistant spot in your home, sometimes making it difficult to detect water damage. First Response Services is your local family owned water damage removal and restoration services company. Performing water removal, drying, and restoration services for your home or business. No job is too small or big for us. We have certified water damage restoration services technicians on staff and a live operator taking your emergency calls 24/7. If you don’t respond quickly when discovering water damage you can actually cause extensive secondary damage to your home. We respond to water damage emergencies in Warner Robins, Macon GA and surround areas.